Tuesday, December 21, 2010

SnowMan art work for you tree!

Here is a fun little craft that you can do with your kiddos!
Fun and EASY!

Make a snowman village!
I got the idea here: eighteen25
I got a small canvas at Hobby Lobby for $2.99. A little pricey, but I was short on time and could not check elsewhere. (I guess I am cheap!)

Step 1: give your canvas a couple of coats of acrylic paint and let it dry.

Step 2: give your kiddo's hand a nice even coat of white paint.

Step 3: gently set the fingers on the canvas and press those fingers to make a nice hand print.
Fill in the bottom to make a nice hill for your snow people.

Step 4: give them some fun colors of paint and let them paint the art with a toothpick! Genius!
I put mine on foil so that it can be disposed of easily.

They can add hats, buttons, eyes, carrots and snow to their little artwork!

Hmmm...what can I say about this one. I guess that there was a"black out" in this village! It takes everything in me to let it be! This is how she wanted it, so I guess that is what we are going with.
I forgot to get a pic of this on the tree, but I added some ribbon around the canvas and on the back to hang it up on the tree. Don't forget to add the date!
Here are some more examples from another blog
(see above link)
Super cute and fun! These would be great gifts for the grandparents too!



No comments:

Post a Comment