Friday, August 27, 2010

Teacher Gift

Sometimes you gotta get a little creative for teacher gifts...

OK, so I am posting this a little late...this is from last year. But hey, I am just getting this blog going and I have a lot to catch up on.
We just LOVED our Kindergarten teacher last year. Her name was Mrs. Meskill. She could really win a prize for the best Kindergarten teacher ever. So when it came time for the end of school, O really wanted to make her something special...on a budget!
The necklace on the left was just so easy! I used one of those super big gem marbles. Traced some scrap of paper that I had and used a letter sticker. I then used a little Mod Podge to adhere it to the gem. When it was dry, I added another coat to the back. I hot glued a jump ring and tied some silver ribbon to it!
The next two were easy too! I found these on clearance at Michael's. I pealed off the little sticker/image that was there. I used that to trace over some paper. I got on the computer and printed out some things about her. Added a few gems and the went over all of it with Mod Podge. The pink one I strung with beads and the back one was a ribbon necklace that I got at Michael's too. There you go!
And I have seen her this new school year on campus with them on and it just makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment