Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sort-of Thrifty Table

Well, this table was just crying for some help. I did not get it at a thrift store, but my niece was going to throw it out, so I cried foul! And ask to save it. Beauty is on the eye of the beholder, and I saw some prettiness!
My DH had to first cut some wood to fit in the bottom. I tried all kinds of things to get those darn legs to stay put, but it really needed that wood there. So we had some scrapes that did the trick!
So I first had to take the sander to it.


Notice that I am inside...yep, it was like 150 degrees outside and I just was not in the mood to deal with the heat. Nothing that a vacuum could not take care of.



After I sanded and cleaned it off with a cloth, I gave it a couple of coats of a cream paint. Now this paint I got as a free sample. So I am still a free so far!



After the cream color was dry, I went over the table with a stain, but the I realized that I did not have enough product...what to do? I used some pure tint from Home Depot. This is a product that you would use to tint off your glaze or paint. So I gave it a whirl and it worked great. I let it sit for just a minute and then I took an old tee-shirt and took off all the stain/tint.



This is the percent table for my kiddos to sit books on and play games...now what to do with that piece of plywood at the bottom...
I got some 12x12 scrapbook paper and mod pode the heck out of it! I just did not think that the look of painted plywood was going to go with the table. I could have used fabric too, but this works great! And I only spent $1.50 on the paper!


So here it was it looks like when it is done! Presto!
Ta-Da!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment